Road Accidents




We understand that road trauma can have a devastating impact on your life. We ease the impact, by taking care of your claim, enabling you to focus on your recovery. If you have suffered an injury as a pedestrian, passenger, driver, motorcyclist, bike rider or public transport user, you are likely to be entitled to compensation.

These claims are covered by the Transport Accident Commission (TAC) scheme. You can receive compensation, even if the accident was your fault.

For you, this is probably the first time you have dealt with the TAC. For us, we do it every day. We can therefore access entitlements of which you might not be aware.

The first steps

The first step in the process is to get your TAC claim lodged. Strict time limits apply, so we recommend that you contact us immediately. We will assist you in the claims lodgment process.

Even if you believe you have missed the time by which to lodge a claim, we still recommend that you give us a call. In limited circumstances it is possible for a late claim to be accepted by the TAC, but it’s important to act immediately.

What can I claim?

Significant compensation may be available irrespective of whether the accident was your fault. We may be able to claim the following compensation on your behalf:

Medical Expenses

This includes doctors visits, pharmacy expenses, physiotherapy, counselling, dental and surgery costs. The TAC can also pay for home help, should you need assistance with your housework or gardening.

Loss of Income

If your injury prevents you, or limits your ability to work, we can get a significant portion of your wage paid by the TAC. Wage payments can be recovered up to 3 years after your injury, and in severe injury cases, to retirement.

Lump Sum Impairment Benefit

You may also be entitled to a lump sum, known as an impairment benefit. The value of that lump sum depends on the severity of your injury. The more severe your injury, the greater the compensation.

Common law damages for negligence

If you have suffered a serious injury and the accident was not your fault, you may also be entitled to make a claim in negligence.

If we can prove that another party was negligent, then you may be able to obtain compensation for your pain and suffering, and your loss of past and future income.

These claims are substantial, and it is not uncommon for a common law claim to attract a sum in excess of $100,000.



If you have a general enquiry or you are interested in discussing a claim, please complete the below enquiry form and we’ll get back to you.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.